|Finally, Those Kimono Pics
||[Jan. 30th, 2008|02:48 pm]
This is my "wearable mockup" kimono, meaning I didn't finish edges and was a bit sloppy on measurements, so it's wearable and looks fine but would fray like crazy if I washed it. The big thing it did was let me know what worked size wise and if I needed to make any adjustments. I could make the sleeves a little fuller if I wanted, which I may on the other one or two I plan to make before the con in a week and a half.
Today I cut fabric for Kimono #2, it was quite easy since it's mostly rectangles. Looking at the scraps I even thought of a contrasting kimono to make using the leftover bits for collar, cuff and obi. Since it's mostly straight lines for sewing it also goes together quickly, so Kimono #2 should be done today or tomorrow, #3 done shortly after that. A #4 depends on time and if I already have the materials, I'm not going to spend more money for fabric if I can avoid it.