||[Jan. 25th, 2008|08:41 am]
From the altfriday5:|
1. Do you read for recreation?
2. What sorts of things do you read? Fiction? Nonfiction? What category or genre? Long pieces? Short? Books? Magazines? Web pages?
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, occasionally bread cookbooks
3. Does your mood (day-to-day), circumstance (week-to-week or month-to-month) or lifestyle (year-to-year) influence the reading choices you make?
Yes. I'll read a new release the first chance I can from some authors, if there are none on the queue I'll usually have a previously read book lying around for when I want a few moments entertainment while eating or waiting.
4. What function does reading hold for you? Escape? Learning? Companionship? Imaginative voyage? Other?
Escape and entertainment mostly.
5. What, if anything, that you've read in the last year or so stands out as particularly excellent reading?
Jim Butcher's "Dresden Files". When he was going to be appearing at KU Bookstore, I read the entire series (9 books?) in under 2 weeks, the first several at one a day.
1. What are you missing?
My sanity. Check under your couch cushions if I visited recently.
2. How do you feel?
Fine, thanks. You?
3. What have you let go?
Stuff I haven't used in years, namely from the costume closet.
4. Who have you hurt?
Pari. Her feelings are hurt every time I'm mean and make her go to bed. I may have also stepped on Marz's toe recently, hard to remember.
5. What do you deserve?
Some respect, a little bit of help, and a bigger kitchen.
01. What types of portable audio devices do you use?
The car. But seriously, I have an iPod Nano somewhere that I only use while mowing.
02. What format of music do you listen to most often?
03. How do you get your electronic music files? (pay service [i.e Napster, iTunes, eMusic, etc.], file sharing, artist/label web sites, etc.)
CD's I own or iTunes mostly.
04. What type of headphones do you use?
Panasonic wraparounds. Ear buds hurt my ears in the early 90's, so I use externals now.
05. What is currently on your portable music player that you are using? (Post artist, album title, please.)
Various bands that range from hard rock to a smattering of folk music.