||[May. 18th, 2007|10:39 am]
From the altfriday5:|
1. What is your personal idea of what "a feminist" or "feminism" is?
Someone who works for the improvement of women's status in society through thoughts and actions.
2. Do you consider yourself a feminist? Why or why not?
I consider myself to be an equal opportunity person, placing women on equal footing with men. This would make me a feminist by some definition, and not going far enough to be one by other definitions.
3. Do you believe that men can be feminists? Why or why not?
I think they can be.
4. What, in your personal view, are the good things that feminism has inspired in the world, if any?
It's helped women overcome social stigmas such as single parenthood and divorce, which were black marks many years ago.
5. What, in your personal view, are the bad things that feminism has inspired in the world, if any?
Like any social movement, people can take feminism and turn it into a hateful voice that sounds as extremist as the social forces they feel they are overcoming. This gives some people the impression that the feminist movement is filled with loud voiced nutjobs rather than socially conscious people.
1. What was on your mind yesterday?
Bread baking, Topeka Zoo, costuming group meetup
2. What is on your mind today?
Dental cleaning soon.
3. Do you like bonfires?
Not in my house.
4. Do you believe in the paranormal?
Not really, but we can all get spooked by a random creak or crash (or moan or wail or sound of dragging chains in the basement. Damed mice, making so much racket)
5. Can you swim?
A bit, not very well.