||[Mar. 24th, 2006|09:36 am]
1) Of the various cultures, ethnicities or nationalities you belong to, which most strongly do you consider yourself?
North American White Suburbanite
2) Is there a culture you cannot claim heritage from but which you feel quite close to?
Viking, it's a blonde thing. I like to put on a horned helmet and wail. Might have ethnic ties, but I have no way to trace it.
3) What's one language you wish you knew fluently?
Spanish, it could get me a great job anywhere.
4) If you could move anywhere in the world and be guaranteed a job, etc., where would you go?
I'd rather spend shorter amounts of time at various neat places, like India and Egypt. But political unrest takes away many of these options.
5) If you had a time machine, and could witness any one event without altering or disturbing it, what would you want to see?
I have no clue.
1. When is the last time you became unraveled?
I don't remember, probably trying to deal with both kids and three armloads of stuff at the same time. Didn't come unhinged, but maybe did become a bit unraveled.
2. What's the longest trip you've taken?
From the midwest to the Bahamas.
3. Who is the biggest distraction in your life?
4. Do people notice you when you walk into a room?
Depends on how much noise the kids are making. Otherwise I often enter a room with minimum attention.
5. Describe the last time you disappointed someone:
Pari, when I denied her something sharp in the kitchen.
From the altfriday5:
1. Have you ever volunteered or would you volunteer for military service? Why or why not?
Nope, it's not my lifestyle of choice. But I don't begrudge those who choose the military as a career.
2. What would you do if you were drafted? Why?
If I could get out of it honestly I would, especially since I don't want to be sent to Iraq for a conflict not of my choosing. Otherwise I'd do my duty but fight like hell to stay stateside peeling potatos until my 4 years were up.
3. If you did join the armed forces, which branch would you want to join? What sort of position would you want to hold?
Probably Air Force or Coast Guard, because it would be most likely to keep me close to home and out of combat. I'd want an administrative job, filing paperwork on a base or official building out of harms way.
4. Does your country have mandatory military service? What is your opinion of mandatory service?
No mandatory military service. I could almost agree on having mandatory military or civilian service because it would teach the young good life skills right out of high school or college, but the free will part of me has objections to it. I'd say if the draft was reinstated, have the choice of 4 years military or 6 years civil service.
5. Are any of your friends or family in the armed forces? How do you feel about that (proud, scared, indifferent, etc.)?
I know a few people that were military, and probably a few college friends that are active now. I'm happy that they have a chosen career path, worry about some choices the govt is taking that could put them in harm's way for reasons that I don't agree with.