||[Jul. 5th, 2003|12:58 am]
starstraf's house, where Pari tormented the dog and was nearly tormented by the cat. I stayed inside with kai_ and a sleeping Pari while everyone else went out to watch fireworks in the heat with all the bugs. Thanks for hosting the gathering. Now I am home, and bed is calling to me. But first-We just got back from spending almost 12 hours over at |
1. What were your favorite childhood stories?
King Arthur, Robin Hood, fairy tales
2. What books from your childhood would you like to share with [your] children?
Ghost of Windy Hill, fairy tales, some others I can't remember
3. Have you re-read any of those childhood stories and been surprised by anything?
How stupid most fairy tales are. I'm working on new ones to read to Pari.
4. How old were you when you first learned to read?
Five? I remember reading some books by the age of 6.
5. Do you remember the first 'grown-up' book you read? How old were you?
"Splinter of the Mind's Eye" by Alan Dean Foster, in 6th grade. I don't remember any real novels before then. By junior high, I had a fair collection of paperbacks. We still have hundreds of books between me and Marz, the fantasy are mine and the sci-fi are mostly hers.