||[May. 27th, 2011|10:50 am]
Last night i did up the prototype of the overalls, the bib is a few inches short due to the fabric being not quite long enough but I can fix that for the little use this mockup will get used. Instead of sewing on straps I just spent $6.50 on clip on suspenders, more fashionable and much easier. The legs are a bit long, the bib is a bit short, and I'll need to widen it slightly on the steampunk version for it to button closed on the sides properly. But overall excellent for my first try. |
I also sewed together the first mockup of Marz's overbust corset (in olive green, leftover fabric purchased a good 8+ years ago). We'll see how this fits, do a bit of pinning and probably lengthen it, and do Corset Mockup 2.0 with some boning and grommet closure.
Still left to do is trace out my gaiters pattern and draw up what I plan to do for pockets on the steampunk overalls. We plan on getting a proper grommet press in the near future, which will open up more possibilities.