||[May. 9th, 2011|11:56 am]
Got most of today's errands done, I'm going to celebrate with Pho and the company of my friend the mechanic. |
The hoop house bed had a corner come undone, ideally I'd replace a board or put in a big piece and reinforce it. I did a corner bracket on all four corners, which is good enough for now. I may do more in the future, but I don't want anything I do now to impact how I build the hoops and their supports later.
I replaced one damaged tomato plant with another Early Girl variety, so here's hoping for some tomatoes in about 6-8 weeks (assuming the 50 days to fruit is from germination and not from the 8 inch planting I just put in the ground). I have another tomato and pepper plant for the hoop house once I've done the grid on the beds. I also put the two blackberry bushes in the ground, here's hoping they fare better than the raspberry bushes. I think there is something about that spot that spells death, the cherry tree in the same location didn't survive. Better to just leave it alone.
Called the AC guy and am waiting for a callback. I want a new AC to get through this summer, next year I want to start replacing windows.