||[Nov. 11th, 2010|09:12 pm]
Kiyan's IEP went well. The common report was that he knows a lot but doesn't test well, has made good progress, etc. I like the fact that the school is so supportive and that they provide services for him. |
I did my first test applique, a skull motif that I did up months ago. The sample isn't done very well, but I was just putting together a quick sample to experiment and see both how it looked and how hard it would be to sew. Next time I'll fuse the applique pieces to interfacing so they sew easier. I may also try a different foot, I just used the standard one that was already on the machine.
Next week is the quilter's guild meetup, at least this time I'll have something to show (the rag quilt). I'm still not sure about my next project, maybe I'll do the applique skull quilt. I still need to back my first quilt.