|meme of the moment...
||[Sep. 28th, 2008|12:06 pm]
ravenchilde_artThe Controversial Topic Survey, snagged from |
1. Do you have the guts to answer these questions and re-post as The Controversial Survey?
Obviously yes, or this would be blank.
2. Would you do meth if it was legal?
Hell no. I don't drink, don't smoke, don't use drugs, and certainly wouldn't go for something that messes you up that fast.
3. Abortion: for or against it?
I don't like it, but I wouldn't totally ban it. Regulation to keep it safe definitely, but never with a religious agenda making any of the rules and regulations.
4. Do you think the world would fail with a female president?
No, but I think Palin would screw it up in a major way due to lack of experience and possible cluelessness. I don't want Hillary in the office because of her politics, but at least I think she could do the job.
5. Do you believe in the death penalty?
6. Do you wish marijuana would be legalized already?
Only because it would be better regulated than as a money maker for criminals. I find it silly that it's illegal when people can get their hands on prescription drugs that are much more powerful so easily.
7. Are you for or against premarital sex?
I have no problem with it, long as everyone is on the same page and does it safe. No reason to make an unwanted kid or spread the gift that keeps on giving.
8. Do you believe in God?
I'd like to, but there is no definite proof until it's too late to share with anyone.
9. Do you think same sex marriage should be legalized?
Sure, why should only straight people suffer.
10. Do you think it's wrong that so many Hispanics are illegally moving to the USA?
I think that policy doesn't meet the needs of immigration. Illegally crossing the border is not good, and anyone working in the US should be paying taxes. I say there should be some sort of foreign work permit that would allow the Hispanics to work, but exert some measure of control so that they are paying their share of taxes, and to prevent their exploitation by industries that use them up doing dangerous work.
11. A twelve year old girl has a baby, should she keep it?
If she has the means to care for the child, yes.
12. Should the alcohol age be lowered to eighteen?
I'll say no to this just because I really do believe that raising the drinking age has greatly reduced the number of drunk driving accidents/fatalities. A few years older really does make a difference in judgment for most people.
13. Should the war in Iraq be called off?
It should have never started. I hold W personally responsible for every death on both sides of that conflict. Those troops should have been in Afghanistan hunting for the terrorists that caused us so much grief, not on a side mission that has only destablalized an entire region.
14. Assisted suicide is illegal: do you agree?
I'm not in a position that I have to deal with it, so I'm not going to demand a ban for it. I would again demand regulation so it's controlled if it was legal.
15. Do you believe in spanking your children?
There is a difference between spanking and beating. I rarely use corporal punishment for my kids, which I think is the best way to handle discipline, but sometimes you have to make the point strong and fast.
16. Would you burn an American flag for a million dollars?
I don't see the flag as a sacred object, so it wouldn't bother me. I can't imagine anyone paying that much without strings attached, so I'd have to see what the context was.
17. Who do you think would make a better president? McCain or Obama?
Obama all the way.
18. Are you afraid others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
i honestly don't think people care about my opinion enough that it'll matter. If someone got bent out of shape I probably wouldn't care anyway.